Troy MI Homes & Real Estate
Troy is a city in Oakland County, Michigan, United States. Its population was 87,294 at the 2020 U.S. census, making Troy the most populous city in the county and the 13th most-populous municipality in the state. Troy is a northern suburb of Metro Detroit, located about sixteen miles (25.7 km) northwest of downtown Detroit.
Troy was organized as a township in 1827, and sections of the township incorporated much later into the cities of Birmingham, Clawson, and Royal Oak. The remainder of the township incorporated as the present-day city of Troy in 1955.
Troy has become a business and shopping destination in the region, with numerous office centers and the upscale Somerset Collection mall. In 2011, Troy was ranked the safest city in Michigan and the 19th safest city in the United States. In 2008, Troy was ranked 22nd on a list of "Best Places to Live" in the United States by CNN Money, using criteria including housing, quality of education, economic strength, and recreational opportunities. In 2008, Troy was also ranked as the fourth most-affordable U.S. city with a median household income of approximately $79,000.
The earliest recorded purchases of land in what was known as Troy Township occurred in 1819. A couple of years later a settlement known as Troy Corners was established due to Johnson Niles buying 160 acres in the region. The area is currently the north-central area of Troy. In 1827 Troy Township was established. In 1955, Troy was officially incorporated primarily as a strategy for preventing border cities from taking more land.
It was named after Troy, New York and the ancient city of Troy, as many of the early settlers, as in much of Michigan, originated from New York.
- Ken Appledorn, actor
- Jon Berti, professional baseball player for the Miami Marlins, born in Troy
- Chan-Jin Chung, Professor and Founder of Robofest
- Chuck Collins, philanthropist and author
- Sean Collins, NHL defenseman for the Washington Capitals
- Rick Ferrell, Hall of Fame baseball player, lived in Troy
- Hunter Foster, Tony Award-nominated Broadway actor/singer
- Sutton Foster, Tony Award-winning actress, singer and dancer
- Kenny Goins, basketball player for Atomerőmű SE, formerly played for Michigan State
- Ellen Hollman, film and television actress
- Robert J. Huber, mayor of Troy from 1959 to 1964, state senator and congressman
- Martin Klebba, actor, known from the Pirates of the Caribbean films and Scrubs
- Steve McCatty, former MLB pitcher and coach
- Ivana Miličević, television and film actress
- Tomo Miličević, guitarist, Thirty Seconds to Mars
- Bridget Regan, musician, Flogging Molly
- Rucka Rucka Ali, Rapper best known for black comedy style parody songs on YouTube
- Israa Seblani, Lebanese doctor and survivor of the 2020 Beirut explosion
- Hugh W. Sloan Jr., Watergate figure
- Carolyn Warmus, high-profile killer
- We Came as Romans, rock band
- Steven Yeun, Academy Award-nominated actor, known for his role in The Walking Dead
Included below are homes for sale and real estate in Troy, MI.
If you would like more information on any of these Troy real estate listings, just click on a property to access the full details. From there, you can request more information or schedule a tour. And we'd be happy to provide you with disclosures, past sales history, dates and prices of properties which have recently sold nearby, and more, so just let us know how we can help!
And, for your convenience, feel free to register for a free account to receive email alerts whenever new Troy listings come on the market that match your specific criteria.
Entire first floor boasts custom wainscoting, recessed lights, and hardwood flooring. Stone...