Farmington Hills MI Homes & Real Estate
Farmington Hills is a city in Oakland County in the U.S. state of Michigan. A northwestern suburb of Detroit, Farmington Hills is the second most-populated city in Oakland County, after Troy, with a population of 83,986 at the 2020 census.
Farmington Hills consistently ranks as one of the safest cities in the United States, as well as in the state of Michigan. The area ranked as the 30th safest city in the U.S in 2010 and as the 2nd safest city in Michigan in 2020. Farmington Hills also ranks as the 36th highest-income place in the United States with a population of 50,000 or more and ranked as 14th America's best cities to live by 24/7 Wall St. in 2016.
Although the two cities have separate services and addresses, Farmington and Farmington Hills are often thought of as the same community. These two cities combined were part of Farmington Township in the time of the Northwest Territory. Features of the community include a recently renovated downtown, boutiques, a vintage cinema, numerous restaurants, exotic car dealerships, art galleries, and public parks including Heritage Park. There are several historical sites including the Longacre House and the Governor Warner Mansion. Both cities are served by Farmington Public Schools and the Farmington Community Library.
Farmington Hills is the home of the Holocaust Memorial Center, the only Holocaust memorial in the State of Michigan. The Center's mission is to educate the public about the tragedy and evils of the Holocaust. The Holocaust Memorial Center was originally located in neighboring West Bloomfield Township, but has since expanded and moved to its current facility.
- Jena Irene Asciutto, singer, American Idol runner-up
- Steve Ballmer, businessman, former CEO of Microsoft, owner of the NBA's Los Angeles Clippers
- Elizabeth Berkley, actress
- Manoj Bhargava, founder and CEO, 5-hour Energy
- Pam Dawber, actress
- Alex DeBrincat, NHL hockey player for the Ottawa Senators
- Colin Egglesfield, actor
- Donald Foss (born 1945), billionaire founder of subprime car finance company Credit Acceptance
- Cam Fowler, NHL hockey player for the Anaheim Ducks
- Devin Funchess, wide receiver for the NFL's Detroit Lions
- Tatiana Gutsu, two-time Olympic champion gymnast
- Kirsten Haglund, winner of Miss Michigan (2007) and Miss America (2008)
- Arthur Hanlon, Latin musician
- Al Jean, writer/producer, The Simpsons
- Bill Joy, co-founder of Sun Microsystems
- Meg Mallon, professional golfer in Hall of Fame
- Emily Morse, sex therapist
- Jason Miller, rabbi and entrepreneur
- Larry Nassar, osteopathic physician and convicted child molester
- Jaime Ray Newman, actress
- Eren Ozker, puppeteer, Muppeteer
- Austin Price (born 1995), basketball player in the Israeli Premier Basketball League
- Cayden Primeau, NHL hockey goaltender for the Montreal Canadiens
- Neal Rubin, columnist for The Detroit News
- Barry Sanders, Hall of Fame running back for the Detroit Lions; resident
- Martha Smith, model and actress, Miss July 1973 Playboy centerfold
- Drew Stanton, retired NFL quarterback who played for the Michigan State Spartans football team
- Tally Hall, indie rock band based in Ann Arbor
- Fred Toucher, Boston radio DJ for 98.5 The Sports Hub
- James Wolk, actor
- Brian S. Eifler, 11th Airborne Division commanding general
- Cory DeVante Williams, Youtuber
Included below are homes for sale and real estate in Farmington Hills, MI.
If you would like more information on any of these Farmington Hills real estate listings, just click on a property to access the full details. From there, you can request more information or schedule a tour. And we'd be happy to provide you with disclosures, past sales history, dates and prices of properties which have recently sold nearby, and more, so just let us know how we can help!
And, for your convenience, feel free to register for a free account to receive email alerts whenever new Farmington Hills listings come on the market that match your specific criteria.